Bellissima - Fiddleheads Exclusive
The demand for quality instruments at a low price has never been stronger than in recent months. Players seek the best instruments possible and are not willing, or able, to pay ridiculous prices to get them.
Thankfully the Chinese violin world, through innovations and years of masterful training, has turned old stereotypes up-side-down and now offers some of the best instruments in the world. However, one still must be highly cautious in selecting an instrument from China. Amongst the "duds" are rare gems yet to be discovered.
Thus Fiddleheads owner Rhiannon Nachbaur spent over three years working with makers throughout China to develop a unique line that would suit her exceptionally high expectations. She sought an instrument to please both her roles:
- As a symphony violinist and orchestral concertmaster she desired fantastic sound and playability with appropriate tonal variation from one model to the next to please a wide spectrum of tastes.
- As a shop owner she required a well-constructed violin which would simulateanously offer the absolute best value to her customers and maintain the business' stellar reputation.
The final result was the "Bellissima" Strings label, which is Italiano for "beautiful," and it is indeed a beautiful family of violins. The label and product line was introduced to our customers in January 2009.
These beautfully antiqued, handmade workshop instruments are made in Shanghai exclusively for Fiddleheads. Each violin is meticulously setup in Canada with upgraded Dominant strings better bridge, post, and fittings. Quality control is strict and the line is having new models added each year
Instruments which do make the final cut are then played and uniquely named by Rhiannon personally to suit the instrument's musical and visual colour and flavour.
In the past few years of providing these instruments, teachers across Canada and the USA are endorsing the instruments to their students, saying they easily beat out the competition in higher price ranges, including European-made instruments.
Bellissima violins typically retail from $1900 to the $2800 USD range. We post all our Bellissimas on permanent sales with generous discounts.
Only 4/4 violins are commissioned as stock, but smaller sizes are avilable as special commissioned instruments. Additionally, models above the regular price range can be commissioned and various violin family instruments [viola, cello, bass] are available upon request.
- Bellissima Luthier Estate Collection "Calendre" Violinwas USD$1,750.00 Special Price USD$880.00
- Bellissima Luthier Estate Collection "Anita" Violinwas USD$1,650.00 Special Price USD$788.00
- Bellissima Luthier Estate Collection "Gina" Violinwas USD$2,500.00 Special Price USD$1,088.00
- Bellissima Luthier Estate Collection "Beatrice" Violinwas USD$1,600.00 Special Price USD$848.00
- Bellissima Luthier Estate Collection "Alma" Violinwas USD$1,500.00 Special Price USD$588.00